Friday, April 29, 2011

Landscape

 I am in love with the green earth.
- Charles Lamb
 "The reason that I keep writing is that all my most powerful messages about the fates of wild places that I care about need to have words as well as images" - Galen Rowell
Landscape are expanded natural scenery which can be seen in one single view. Contrary to portraits, this genre in photography captures a vast area depicting the essence of nature and mostly free from man-made obstruction. As an ecological marine management graduate like me or simply an environmentalist, my love for nature encourages me to campaign for conservation and preservation of the greatest resources empowered to us, our Mother Earth. Through landscape and nature photography, we can somehow attain unsullied pristine part of nature not being influenced by anthropogenic disturbances. Through time, changes are inevitable, but  the desire to preserve it could somehow be seen only from these photos captured.  Floods, typhoons,  earth quakes, tsunamis, global warming, climate change and other major calamities are threats to destruction of nature. I feel that through photography, at least there is something left to share for the next generation. To give them hope and a chance to live in a naturally beautiful environment.

No Green, No Blue
 -Sylvia Earle
Fresh Water Falls in Kawasan, Cebu City

Lose yourself in nature and find peace
Camp Sabros, Digos Davao del Sur 

Even weeds and grasses are important to balance nature
Bolinao, Pangasinan

The silence of nature is very real. It surrounds you, you can feel it.
- Ted Trueblood
Enchanted Kingdon, Sta. Rosa, Laguna

Note to readers: This post are introductory for my landscape photographs. I will be creating a separate LABEL purely for viewing my shots soon. ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment